We will be closed from July 22 to July 30 inclusively. Good holidays!
Although basic shapes and cross-sections are easily manufactured using traditional techniques, complex parts with hollow interiors still present a real challenge to manufacture in the composite parts industry.
Thanks to additive manufacturing technologies, it is now possible to simplify the process for these types of projects. The ST-130 ™ material offers an efficient and cost effective approach to the production of complex composite parts. This is a thermoplastic which dissolves in a basic solution and makes it possible to control the dimensions of internal surfaces. It thus allows an internal mesh finish.
This soluble material is resistant to the heat and pressure of the autoclave hardening process. The tooling is also printed with a triangular filling pattern which reduces the build time to print the part, while using less material.
The ST-130 sacrificial material is a good solution to replace some current methods, by offering the following advantages :
- Eliminates the need for additional tools or molds for sacrificial tool production
- Allows for easy removal of the composite part
- Produces a sturdy component that can be transported and handled without damage
- Withstands the mechanical stresses of conventional installation procedures
- Offers design freedom and the ability to quickly iterate different designs